Monday, May 07, 2007

One More Time?


I'm not going to lie.

On Thursday, when I saw that Britney Spears, the once-Mickey Mouse clubkid, was going to grace the stage of San Francisco's Red Devil Lounge in all her crazy be-wigged glory, I got giddy.

Maybe it was the excess of caffeine. More likely it was my AA moment: "Bernadette, you are addicted to celebrity news."

I was poised to purchase my tickets, and had at least five others ready to do the same, so we could all attend, plus hock the leftovers for a tidy profit. But most of all, I was ready to take my music reviewing to new heights for you, the Owl Mag’s faithful readers.

Then things got weird. First there was a show with the M + M's, posted by a trigger-happy Ticketweb on the Red Devil’s website. The next morning, the listing morphed to “Private Event, sold out.” I got word that tickets had all been grasped by some prominent VIPs. Finally, a sign in the club’s window attests that the show is “100% cancelled.”

Just when I had dusted off my limited edition copy of …Baby One More Time

All kidding aside, maybe the ex-Mrs. Federline was intimidated by the San Francisco crowd. We don’t put up with three hours of waiting for 15 minutes of lip-synching and bad choreography without letting an “artist” know what’s on our minds.

But now what am I going to do with my Monday night?

-Bernadette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home