Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Lose the habit.


Sometimes, I get irrationally pissed at just how much music there is out there and how it is not even possible for me to listen to all of it. I mean PISSED. Not only can I not hear every new band that is out there without going completely insane, I have another problem.

When I was a kid, I had a terrible habit. It is actually still something I have to consciously fight with today. I used to buy entire albums, own them for years and still only listen to one song on the whole thing. I did this with great fucking albums. I did it with Faith No More’s The Real Thing (Epic), Marilyn Manson’s Antichrist Superstar (The Beautiful People), Smashing Pumpkins’ Siamese Dream (Today), Radiohead’s OK Computer (Paranoid Android). I was indeed a singles whore in denial.

So now, in my repentance, what albums I owned and neglected as a kid are ones I investigate now as an adult. Currently, I am downloading the first Days of the New album. So far, I don’t think I missed much.

Other things I learned today in a random Wikipedia inquiry and accompanied download fest: In Live Free or Die Hard (which ruled), there was a short snippet of a music video, which caught my ear. The female singer seemed like a pretty brutal wailer. The band turned out the be Flyleaf whom I have heard of. And Flyleaf turned out to suck balls. Oh well. Also, did you know that Elliot Smith recorded the piano part in Toadies’ "Hell Below/Stars Above?" I didn’t even know there was a piano in that fucking song. God!

-Briana Hernandez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home