Sunday, June 17, 2007

Rant #1

Not trying to be a total dick or anything, but there are some things that I really need to get off my chest.

1. Never send an advance CD that is shrink wrapped. Not that my time is precious, but it kind of is and there's nothing worse than unwrapping a CD.

2. Don't email me wondering where your CD review is. We're an all-volunteer staff and we're doing our best to get to as much as we can. We'll def let you know when it's reviewed. If you really need to email, then just ask if we received the album, not when are we reviewing it.

3. Don't send in albums that were released in 2005. Do I need to explain this.

4. Don't send in an album without a one sheet or bio about you and your band. If you can't take the time to tell us who you are, why should we?

5. Don't send in a Sharpie-scrawled on CDR expecting a CD review. I mean really, that's like writing a resume on a Post It. Track us down when you're set to release an EP or something.

That's cool for now. Please post a comment if you disagree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home