Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! BAD BRAINS!

Yo. My pal, Jon emailed me this the next morning:

"It was fucking great. I made it there just in time for them to start. They sounded perfect - exactly like they did back in the day...except that HR didn’t really move much. It sucked that it was a short set and they didn’t do an encore...and that they played three reggae songs in a row at the end...didn’t play Big Takeover & Secret 77 – which are probably their encore songs. But they did play, I Against I, Banned in D.C., Sailin’ On, Reignition. The pit was pretty good – at least there was a pit, which is great for SF. Only a couple of assholes and everyone was looking out for each other. My arms are bruised, my neck is sore & I’ve got a nice welt in the back of my head from somebody’s fist. I left soaked from head to toe – for an hour and half I was 17 again. I’m actually debating trying to scalp a ticket for tonight’s show – no encore definitely left me wanting more.

Did you like it? Or were you guys wedged in the back between a bunch of black dickie jacket wearing geriatrics...who either used to like punk and are too old to move, or who have convinced themselves that they used to like punk and went so they can justify having that Bad Brains stickers on the back of their Vespa."

As a matter of fact, ass, yes. Yes, I was in the back with old dudes. And ya know, more power to them, but keep your teeth and stories to yourself.

Show ruled, but I wouldn't have had sex with anyone from the band (which is amazing).

-Mari Mari

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home